Power BI Visualisation and Modelling for Finance – Online Masterclass
This Eight Hour Power BI Visualisation and Modelling for Finance will help you to extend your visualization and modeling skills into the Power BI for Desktop realm. As an existing user of Microsoft Excel, this course starts in Excel and very quickly moves into Power BI to demonstrate its power in terms of the visualization of data and the simple, intermediate and advance forms of modelling that you can then achieve.
The workshop is delivered by renowned Accounting and Management Consultant Duncan Williamson. Duncan is an inspirational presenter whose excellent communication skills have been demonstrated across several countries and cultures assisting students, trainees and colleagues to achieve their full potential. Duncan’s international experience includes projects and consultancies carried out in the Middle East, Africa, Central Asia, the Caucasus, the Balkans and Denmark. He also regularly works with colleagues from around the world via his on line activities.
On completion of this highly practical, hand on training course, attendees will be able to:
- Review the ways in which we get data from Excel to Power BI to Excel
- Appreciate the many ways to get data into Power BI
- Create various forms of visualisation
- Use Power BI’s artificial intelligence algorithms to generating ideas from the data
- Set and develop financial and other models
- Create and edit queries
- Combine Tables using Merge and Append
- Begin to edit and use the M Language in Power BI
The course starts with an overview of what Power BI can help financial modellers to achieve. Step by step, we will build on our existing and then our new knowledge and skills. We are aiming in this course to take you from zero or little Power BI knowledge, via your own aspirations, to visualising and modelling at an intermediate level.
This is an intensive course and delegates will be exposed to a variety of practical model building tasks.
With the help of the Course Director, delegates will leave this course with the confidence and ability to apply their learning in Power BI effectively.
This programme will be delivered through a series of practical and interactive case studies and worked examples, demonstrating how and why each technique is used. Emphasis is placed on the delegates gaining practical, hands-on experience of the design and construction of financial models in Power BI.
Delegates will also benefit from formal and informal insights from the presenter. Comprehensive notes and PowerPoint slides together with Excel and Power BI modelling outcomes will be provided free of charge for delegates’ future reference.
Every two hour session will comprise an introduction and worked example(s) of the topics listed. Delegates will then be provided with additional and supporting tasks that will consolidate their learning. At every stage, the course director will be available to answer questions and suggest solutions to problems.
- Delegates should already be confident in using the main functions and utilities that come with Microsoft Excel: the Course Director will be using Office365 and delegates are expected to be using the same or as near to the same version as that
- Delegates must already have Power BI for the Desktop, March or April 2020 version fully installed and operational on their laptop by the start of the course.
- You will be provided with all appropriate training materials both in advance and throughout the course. Please familiarize yourself with any course materials provided in advance of the course before the course begins
Who Should Attend?
This is relevant for all industry sectors with an interest in financial analysis and valuation and job titles including:
- Finance Directors/Financial Controllers/CFO’s
- Business/Financial/Treasury/Market Analysts
- Corporate/Structured/Project Finance Officers
- Financial/Strategic Planners
- M&A Specialists
- Private Equity Project/Commercial Management
- Business Development and Marketing
- Systems Analysts
- Budget Managers
- Profit Centre Managers
- Credit Risk/Treasury Managers Actuaries
What Our Previous Attendees Have to Say!
“This is one of the best training courses I was a part of. I am glad I attended this program”