Mastering the Boardroom During COVID 19 Crisis – Online Workshop
Why is it important?
COVID 19 has changed the dynamics of the entire planet. Corporations around the globe today find themselves at a scary flash point in the governance of their companies. For top business executives and board members, these times bring great uncertainty. Some countries have shaped corporate governance rules and mandates that are indeed world class… but the governance reality is struggling to catch up. Besides, during these times where social distancing has become a norm, corporate boards need to understand how and what they need to do to take their board meetings online.
What if your board could actually be a powerful tool for shaping strategy, building business opportunities, networking and valuable advice? What if the membership, structure, and work of your directors could turbocharge results, foster rising executive talent, and impress investors?
This premier masterclass workshop will feature in-depth discussions on how the “corporate board” model took over the world, the basic elements of corporate governance, the special dangers boards face today, the tips and tools that help your board do more, better, with less time . In addition, the presenter, Ralph Ward, would also deliver a special session revealing the secrets of how to effectively take your board meetings online.
What would you learn?
Our program delivers the essentials you and your corporation will need to close this governance gap. Some of the key takeaways from these power packed, 4 (75 minutes each) sessions include:
- The pitfalls involved in taking your board meetings online and how to avoid those
How new governance standards and global board best practices can unlock shareholder value
How to shape the new boardroom leadership you’ll need to succeed
- Getting your board right with diversity, independence, skills, experience and powers
Board tools for setting strategy, financial results, audit, company performance, and risk management
How boards can set policies on board/owner powers, executive succession and talent development, remuneration, and evaluation
- Why family business boardrooms face such unique challenges and how you can turn these into strengths
- How boards are managing new governance issues like corporate social responsibility, diversity, and stakeholder responsibilities
What makes this workshop special?
After our program, your real work begins! You’ll head back to the office with an outline for turning new governance tools into value for the company. You’ll learn how to lead and plan from the boardroom. And your board, your promoters, your executives and investors will gain models of how to blend their unique roles effectively.
This exclusive workshop includes:
- A structured approach to boardroom best practices and functioning
- Best practices on how to take your board meetings online
- Understanding board risks – managing dangers from outside, inside, and online
- An overview of critical board challenges for today and tomorrow
- What doesn’t your board know about the company, its people, and its dangers
- Interactive brainstorming sessions to keep you ahead of the curve
Who Should Attend?
- Chairmen and chairwomen of boards and of board sub-committees
- Corporate Owners
- Company secretaries
- Boardroom executives (especially those preparing for a first board seat)
- Leaders of state-owned enterprises
- Venture capital and private equity partners
- Independent and non-executive directors
- C-suite executives
- Directors of IT, Finance, HR, Risk, Legal
- Compliance, Audit and Communications
- Corporate governance professionals