George Pelekanakis has more than 25 years of experience in the internal audit industry. He has spent more than 7 years of professional experience in Big Four auditing firms. While working for the Big Four auditing firm, George helped various organizations set-up their internal audit divisions or enhance their performance by offering consultations on key issues that challenged internal audit departments.
• Professional Qualifications: C.I.A, C.I.S.A, C.F.E, C.R.P, C.C.S.A
• Part-time lecturer for the American College of Greece
• Head-lecturer for the CIA and CISA course for PWC Academy and ICAP
• First President of the Hellenic Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
• Vice-President of Hellenic Institute of Internal Auditors
• Reviewer of internal audit – audit textbooks for Willey publications
• Professional speaker and chairperson of Audit World Conference 2012 and 2013 in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur
• Currently Chief Audit Executive for Hellenic Aerospace Industry
over the last 18 years, George has the opportunity to work closely with a diverse range of organizations from both the public and the private sector that are located globally. He is highly sought after to upgrade the internal audit practice by introducing new techniques and approaches (e.g. CCSA and CAATs or optimizing sampling efforts), to set up internal audit practices and evaluate their performance (Quality Assurance Reviews). During the last few years, George has been putting emphasis on helping organizations develop performance management frameworks and delineating their process delivery. He has assumed CAE positions for various organizations in the Health and Industry environments and currently serves as the CAE for the Hellenic Aerospace Industry.