International Financial Reporting Standards and Microsoft Excel: A Meeting of Minds – Online Course
This unique course comprises a mixture of IFRS based work and Microsoft Excel based work. If you search online for a course with a title like this one, you are likely to find course outlines illustrating a small number of Excel based formulas that relate to IFRS, diagrams or tables compiled in Excel or templates that are actually graphics of work taken from many sources.
The IASs and IFRSs named in this outline. The Excel examples are taken directly from the Standards or they are derived from the Standards or they are examples derived from published financial statements prepared under IFRS.
This course comprises high quality notes relating to the main, fundamental knowledge base and concepts of IFRS together with a wide variety of Excel based exercises and cases.
The course would be conducted over 2 days with each day having learning duration of 3-4 hours.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to discuss the major contents and concepts of the following Standards and apply and evaluate their understanding of them:
- IAS 1: Presentation of Financial Statements
- IAS 8: Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates and Errors
- IAS 37: Provisions, Contingent Liabilities and Contingent Assets
- IFRS 13: Fair Value Measurement
- IAS 16: Property Plant and Equipment
- IAS 10: Events after the Reporting Period
- IAS 7: Statement of Cash Flows
- IAS 23: Borrowing Costs
- IAS 36: Impairment of Assets
- IAS 2 Inventories
- IRFS 8: Operating Segments
- IFRS 15: Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- IFRS 16 leases FAQs
- IFRS 9: Financial Instruments
- The Analysis of Account Information published under IFRS
The trainer will begin each topic by outlining the main contents and concepts relating to it: this will normally be with reference to one or more IAS or IFRS. The practical financial implications of the topic will then be demonstrated using Excel or the delegates will be encouraged to derive an Excel solution to a problem relating to that topic.
All Excel files used in this course have been prepared using Microsoft 365 and delegates must be using an as up to date a version of Excel software as possible.
By the end of the course, delegates will have received copies of all Word, PowerPoint, Excel and PDF files that have been prepared for the course: that includes a copy of all fully worked solutions to all of the exercises set during the course.
Who Should Attend?
- Practicing accountants
- Senior managers with responsibility for financial reporting
- Newly qualified or graduated accountants who need a good grounding in practical IFRS work
- Non-financial managers who are aspiring to senior level responsibilities