About Boardroom Excellence Masterclass – Dubai
The MENA region today finds itself at an exciting (if scary) flash point in the governance of its companies. Tough new corporate governance rules and mandates mean that you’ll need to focus on your board as never before. For the region’s top business executives and board members, this magic moment brings great uncertainty on reshaping their governance.
But what if this was actually a once-in-a-lifetime strategic opportunity? If your board could actually be a powerful tool for shaping strategy, building business opportunities, networking and valuable advice? What if the membership, structure, and work of your directors could turbocharge results, foster rising executive talent, and impress investors?
The board of directors in a company are its life and blood, and are responsible for its ultimate success or demise. While the role of the board has become more challenging than ever due to increased volatility and competitive pressures in the business environment, but boardroom best practices often remain underdeveloped and ill executed. This two-day premier masterclass workshop will feature in-depth discussions on the development and role of boards, governance best practices, structuring effective boards, leadership, and handling “inside the boardroom” conflicts. In addition, the presenter, Ralph Ward, would also give a one-hour keynote revealing the secrets of the world’s best board leaders.
What would you learn?
Our program delivers the essentials you and your corporation will need to close the governance gap. Some of the key takeaways from this program include:
- How the MENA region’s new governance standards and global board best practices can unlock shareholder value
- How to shape the new boardroom leadership you’ll need to succeed
- Getting your board right with diversity, independence, skills, experience and powers
- Board tools for setting strategy, financial results, audit, company performance, and risk management
- How boards can set policies on board/owner powers, executive succession and talent development, remuneration, and evaluation
- Why family business boardrooms face such unique challenges and how you can turn these into strengths
- How boards are managing new governance issues like corporate social responsibility, diversity, and stakeholder responsibilities
What makes this workshop special?
After our program, your real work begins! You’ll head back to the office with an outline for turning new governance tools into value for the company. You’ll learn how to lead and plan from the boardroom. And your board, your promoters, your executives and investors will gain models of how to blend their unique roles effectively.
This exclusive two-day workshop includes:
- A structured approach to boardroom best practices and functioning
- Understanding board risks – managing dangers from outside, inside, and online
- An overview of critical board challenges for today and tomorrow
- What doesn’t your board know about the company, its people, and its dangers
- Interactive brainstorming sessions to keep you ahead of the curve
Breakfast, lunch and all course material provided
Who should attend?
- Chairmen and chairwomen of boards and of board sub-committees
- Corporate owners
- Company secretaries
- Boardroom executives (especially those preparing for a first board seat)
- Leaders of state-owned enterprises
- Venture capital and private equity partners
- Independent and non-executive directors
- C-suite executives
- Directors of IT, Finance, HR, Risk, Legal,
- Compliance, Audit and Communications
- Corporate governance professionals